Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seeking just any D&D game (Read 988 times)
Fog Rain
Townfolk

This isn't where I parked
my car.....

Kenner
Seeking just any D&D game
Apr 21st, 2012 at 9:49pm

Hello,

I'm new to the Kenner area and just really new in general. I've never played any type of D&D game before. I mean i've played online RPG's and MMO's and stuff like that, but I figure it would be a nice way to meet some new people and have a good time. I have no characters, or materials set up as of right now, however I pick up on things rather quick. I would be willing to host from time to time if needed. I just really want to join a game that'll be willing to work with me on learning and get together and have a good time. I'm 26 y/o and generally easy going.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Re: Seeking just any D&D game
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2012 at 7:17pm

Hi, I have a fairly open game on Saturday's at +1Gaming (plus one Gaming) in Metairie.  It has been every Saturday but may change soon to every other Saturday because of scheduling.  Please PM or email me for more info or just stop by.  We have different levels of players in gaming experience, but most of the players are about 12th level.  One player is close to 14th because he's been to every session.  A new player will be starting at 12th level, with the basic leveled items available to them in starting with a 12th level character.

I have some very specific house rules and go by the, "Story & DM trumps rules way of gaming"  I rarely stop to discuss a rule if it will stop us playing.  I usually will most times just go with it unless it seems really off to me.

You gain experience at the end of a session, which you should be keeping track of as individual xp is given at different times.

Levels are gained as the game and campaign allows...which means, if you gain a level because of XP a second before a new encounter, you are not leveled until there is a DM approved lull or downtime.  I do and have changed this before...

Anyone interested please get in touch with me.  I work a standard 8-5 so, I will get back to you after that time.

IP Logged

pestigor
Rune Bound

seeking treatment

Metairie,LA
Re: Seeking just any D&D game
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2012 at 12:19am

Also at +1 games and Go4Games there are Pathfinder Society Games going on. It could be an easy way for you to get your feet wet without a huge starting commitment. Let me know if you are interested.

Christians dismiss 9,999 religions as false.Atheists dismiss just one more than that...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print