Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just a Thought... (Read 4237 times)
whodat3542
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Metairie, LA
Just a Thought...
Mar 2nd, 2012 at 11:28am

I'm interested in posting adventures that I create here, just got back into 3.5. If I started doing this I'd love for others to participate and post their own creations.

Anyone interested ?

IP Logged

cormac
Townfolk

The wandering monster
is dead.

irish channel uptown
Re: Just a Thought...
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 9:15pm

sure, i enjoy reading and talking about campaigns. i create 3-5 year storylines and have gotten good responses from the last three i have done.
other peoples ideas can be inspirational in creating your own designs.

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 8:29am

Yeah, do it!  That's a great idea!

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

cormac
Townfolk

The wandering monster
is dead.

irish channel uptown
Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 6:30pm

if people are interested, i have two long term campaigns that i could discuss.

the first involves a tree grown from a stake made of the Tree of Life that was used to stake a very old vampire a  long time ago. The tree grows sentient and develops Psionics, and has the power to supplicate creatures it engulfs, turning them into slaves forced to drink the trees sap to heal.
In the general area is a cursed elf polymorphed into a troll, dismembered and placed into a coffin that does not allow regeneration. The tree has been psionically speaking to this elf for several hundred years, and the elf troll is has become the trees canonicate, and convinced the tree it is a god.
a secondary storyline revolves around the elf trolls magic items, 4 pieces of jewelry that belong to a set of six, one for each ability score. These items provide a mental link to any other person wearing one of the items while sleeping, and is a source for clues and scare tactics.

the other campaign i am doing is centered around the Asasan, a trade ship made with an old artifact that allows it to use arches as portals. The ship was stolen from its creators and ends up in the players possession. this campaign focuses on trade, interaction with a large crew, and a character development. i put Freeport in Faerun Pirate Isles as their home city. this campaign has every player run three characters, each of different alignments and classes. This creates a variety that , although difficult for inexperienced  players, is very rewarding for players who enjoy ship drama. It also allows the characters to be three places at once: one on ship, one in freeport, and one on an away team. the alignment changes cause some awesome rollplaying encounters.

I have a third, but it involves the first Tree campaign moving to the underdark, as the drow try to remove the evil trees from their home. this is an good campaign with evil characters trying to save their homeland from invaders.

I am an old school DM, using whatever resources available and altering to my needs. I create multiple thread stoylines with an equal amount of roleplaying and challenging combat in mind. I make my own rules or guidlines if none exist for what i need. my stories are open and character dependent: their actions can change the direction of many things in my story line.

IP Logged

AnetR
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

300 Mercer St, New York, NY 10
Reply #4 - May 26th, 2012 at 9:03am

I love to participate in this.Love reading adventures.Would post my creation soon.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print