Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
White Wolf Games (Read 2144 times)
beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
White Wolf Games
Mar 4th, 2011 at 11:05pm

First, let me get this out of the way: I'm not a White Wolf gamer.  Nothing against it - I just don't play any White Wolf games.  When I was a freshman in high school, I played Vampire: the Masquerade for a few months.  It was pretty fun!  However, that was the last bit of RPGing I did before getting back into D&D a little less than two years ago.

Anydangway, one thing I DO know is that these games are super popular!  I mean, REALLY REALLY POPULAR.  Tons of supplements, tons of players, tons of different games.  Now, I'm not into the whole LARP thing, but I also know that a lot of White Wolf gaming (if not most - I seriously don't know) is done on tabletop.

Having said that, why is there never any discussion of White Wolf gaming on this site?  I saw someone post something about a Werewolf: the Apocalypse game on +1 Gaming's forums.  I would have posted this message on the White Wolf board on this site, but the permissions are set such that I can't start a topic.  Regardless, I'm sure it hasn't always been this way.  So why no posts?

tl;dr: I don't play White Wolf games.  However, they're very popular.  Still, no one on this board posts about them.  What's up with that?

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

ziggy3k
Townfolk

Uptown NOLA
Re: White Wolf Games
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2011 at 7:41am

I was rather surprised when I registered here that the White Wolf section was completely empty. Indeed it WAS a very popular system or at least the original Old World of Darkness was. The new system (Vampire the Requiem, Werewolf the Forsaken, etc.) doesn't seem to have gotten quite the same following or at least not in the circles I have played with. In all actuality, over the past decade, all of my roleplaying has been White Wolf (oWoD) and online at that (a friend runs a 24-hour IRC server dedicated to his game) so the White Wolf section was the first place I looked. I also recall perhaps 15 years ago that there was a moderately sized Mind's Eye Theater LARP running in New Orleans (and Hammond, and a little in Baton Rouge). Has it just lost popularity in NOLA?

a/s/thac0?

IP Logged

Admin account
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

maintenance account
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2011 at 1:49pm

There are some hidden areas for groups that are gaming to use and some of those games have been storyteller in the past.  People are still playing.

The LARP group is still active in New Orleans and they have their own forum that they don't use much so they don't post here.  Also, this board has gotten a little quiet since +1 gaming opened (gaming store in Metairie) and they have a forum.

I will try to get and post those two links for you later today.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

ziggy3k
Townfolk

Uptown NOLA
Reply #3 - May 4th, 2011 at 2:23am

Cool! Thanks!

a/s/thac0?

IP Logged

Admin account
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

maintenance account
Reply #4 - May 4th, 2011 at 3:08pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register;  The link to the forum is on the top page

Still looking for the larp web site.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Admin account
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

maintenance account
Reply #5 - May 4th, 2011 at 5:05pm

wiki (for the Lost game)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

forum (for all the LARP games)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The Administrator.
IP Logged

ziggy3k
Townfolk

Uptown NOLA
Reply #6 - May 5th, 2011 at 1:43am

Thank you, sir!

a/s/thac0?

IP Logged

Latrina
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2011 at 6:42am

beyonder wrote on Mar 4th, 2011 at 11:05pm:
First, let me get this out of the way: I'm not a White Wolf gamer.  Nothing against it Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - I just don't play any White Wolf games.  When I was a freshman in high school, I played Vampire: the Masquerade for a few months.  It was pretty Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register fun!  However, that was the last bit of RPGing I did before getting back into D&D a little less than two years ago.

Anydangway, one thing I DO know is that these games are super popular!  I mean, REALLY REALLY POPULAR.  Tons of supplements, tons of players, tons of different Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register games.  Now, I'm not into the whole LARP thing, but I also know that a lot of White Wolf gaming (if not most - I seriously don't know) is done on tabletop.

Having said that, why is there never any discussion of White Wolf gaming on this site?  I saw someone post something about a Werewolf: the Apocalypse game on +1 Gaming's forums.  I would have posted this message on the White Wolf board on this site, but the permissions are set such that I can't start a topic.  Regardless, I'm sure it hasn't always been this way.  So why no posts?

tl;dr: I don't play White Wolf games.  However, they're very popular.  Still, no one on this board posts about them.  What's up with that?

The LARP group is still active in New Orleans and they have their own forum that they don't use much so they don't post here.

IP Logged

The Grey
Global Moderator

You are not ready.

Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2011 at 6:48am

Of course, they don't really post on their own forums either.   Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print