Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Legends of Anglerre (Read 1094 times)
Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Legends of Anglerre
Feb 25th, 2011 at 2:09pm

Hello again everyone! It has been a while since I did my last presentation of a game. Last time I brought to people's attention the indie game FATE, a rules light system designed to be used as a universal engine.

I have fallen madly in love with the FATE engine. It's narrative based mechanics are right up my ally. As a player and GM I tend to shy away from heavy crunch, preferring the story and action to move along at a quick pace. Cinematic storytelling is more important to me that realism in the game. That being said, I wanted to tell everyone of a game I have recently encountered called Legends of Anglerre. It is a FATE based system that has been tweaked to fit the fantasy genre, so systems for things like magic don't have to be created by the GM and then tested over and over for balance. It is worth a good read over, and I think people here could really get into it if you gave it a shot.

The game is wildly different from what most may be used to. There are no Hit Points, instead there is an easy to keep wound tracking system that in my opinion makes more sense and adds to the game, defeating the old saying, "As long as I have more than 0, I'm ready for action!" Rolls are all done along a narrative chart called The Ladder (with numbers provided as well to help with the transition) and done in such a way that setting realistic, consistent difficulty ratings is easy.

I will stop there since I don't have time for a full review, but I hope that I have peaked people's interests and that more and more gamers will branch out to other games. There is some amazing stuff out there from indie publishers. Stuff that will make you wish you had played outside the box (red box, lol) a long time ago.

Good luck and good gaming!

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print