Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NOLA Comic Con 1/29-1/30 (Read 1450 times)
moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
NOLA Comic Con 1/29-1/30
Jan 28th, 2011 at 12:18am

Hey Guys, late notice, i just found out that there is a comic convention at the convention center this weekend.  Day pass is $25 online $30 at the door (for a One-Day) or $40 online $45 at the door for a two-day pass.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

James Marsters, Julie Benz, Louis Gossett Jr., Ray Park, Adam West, Burt Ward, Billy Dee Williams and Peter Tork are among the top celebrity guests!

Top Celebrities On Tap For New Orleans Comic Con As Marsters, Benz, Gossett, Park, West, Ward, Williams, “Buffyfest” In Town For New Orleans Comic Con This Weekend

James Marsters, Julie Benz, Louis Gossett Jr., Ray Park, Adam West, Burt Ward, Billy Dee Williams and Peter Tork are among the top celebrity guests scheduled to attend Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con this Saturday and Sunday at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The event, which opens the 2011 season for North America’s largest pop-culture tour, will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and dozens of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop culture, movies, comics, toys, video gaming, television, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.

Benz, who has also starred in “Dexter,” “No Ordinary Family,” and “Desperate Housewives,” and Marsters will also be part of a “Buffyfest,” which has proven popular at other Wizard World shows and will include other “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer” stars Nicholas Brendon, Clare Kramer, James Leary and Kelly Donovan in New Orleans.

Other popular New Orleans Comic Con celebrity guests include Aaron Douglas (“Battlestar Galactica,” “Hellcats”) Ernie Hudson (GHOSTBUSTERS), Walter Koenig (“Star Trek”), Robyn Griggs (“Another World,” “One Life to Live”), Claudia Christian (“Look”; “Babylon 5”), Mark Ryan (TRANSFORMERS 1 and 2), Cynthia Scott (ALIENS), Daniel Logan (STAR WARS: EPISODE II – ATTACK OF THE CLONES), professional wrestler Kevin Nash and “The Walking Dead” zombies Chandler Riggs, Keisha Tillis and Adrian Kali Turner.

IP Logged

shawnmtoups
Townfolk

Kenner
Re: NOLA Comic Con 1/29-1/30
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 6:10am

There also happens to be a 5k mtg tourney on Sunday as well.

shawnmtoups nightsonsmt  
IP Logged

Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 10:08pm

I forgot to mention this a few weeks ago when I found out. My wife and I are planning on attending since we have never been to a convention before. I hope there are trekkies there. I always wanted to meet those people in person.

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 10:18pm

It was this past weekend, buddy - y'all missed out!  I met Peter Tork, and it was super weird.

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 12:56pm

Yeah I just realized. I thought it was the end of this month. I guess I'll have to see if the Doctor will let me borrow the TARDIS...

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print