Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Ruins Of Undermountain (Read 3549 times)
Clay
Townfolk

Dungeonography - Got Maps?

Kenner, LA
The Ruins Of Undermountain
Jan 22nd, 2011 at 11:55pm

For those "old school" 2nd Edition players who are familiar with the Ruins of Undermountain megadungeon campaign set that was released by TSR in 1993, I wanted to let you know that there is an ongoing effort to release additional material for the dungeon that was never officially published.

The Back In Print site has a small team of developers, of which I am one, is currently working on The Ruins Of Undermountain III : The Deadly Levels. This will detail levels 7, 8 and a sub-level of the dungeon. The release will be completely free to the public and will include as much, if not more, information as the original set did.

Here is a preview of Level 7 - Arcturia's Abode....

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

And here is a picture of me with the map printed out in full size to give a sense of scale...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I am really looking forward to the release of this project so we can begin work on Level 9 of the dungeon... Halaster's Lair.

Also, if anyone has any maps that are hand drawn on paper and would like for them to be digitized for web viewing or printing, let me know and I'll see if I can help out. All of my maps are drawn with Adobe Illustrator and are vector graphics based, meaning you can zoom in as much as you want and not lose quality. This is ideal for printing battle maps, etc.

-Clay

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Re: The Ruins Of Undermountain
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 8:18pm

That's a mighty fine-looking map.  Kudos.

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 7:20pm

That dungeon is rediculously big. It makes me almost throw up thinking about crawling it at character movement speed through the whole thing lol

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

rangerboy
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 6:37pm

Dear friends,  I  really  wanted to know if this book was released,  because  I want to extend the adventure, and I'm  not  material, and  wanted someone to give me a help on how  to continue,  so  finally  got  up  the  3rd-level  maps.

If you can send to my e-mail, is kadu-tere@hotmail.com

Any help and always welcome.

Thanks

note: my English is bad enough, if one is evil or wrong word colocade forgive me, I'm from Brazil.

IP Logged

Clay
Townfolk

Kenner, LA
Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 6:41pm

rangerboy wrote on Feb 22nd, 2011 at 6:37pm:
Dear friends,  I  really  wanted to know if this book was released,  because  I want to extend the adventure, and I'm  not  material, and  wanted someone to give me a help on how  to continue,  so  finally  got  up  the  3rd-level  maps.

If you can send to my e-mail, is kadu-tere@hotmail.com

Any help and always welcome.

Thanks

note: my English is bad enough, if one is evil or wrong word colocade forgive me, I'm from Brazil.

The Ruins of Undermountain III project is still in development. The lead designer is having trouble locating an artist for the project and that is the main holdup at this point. When there is new information to share about the status of this project, I will let you know.

Thanks!
Clay

IP Logged

Clay
Townfolk

Kenner, LA
Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 7:08pm

@rangerboy

You can also use Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register. While that product does stray significantly from the original set by Ed Greenwood, it does allow further exploration in Halaster's home.

Thanks!
Clay

IP Logged

rangerboy
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 7:21pm

I gotta find this book to continue the  campaign.

Thank you very much.

IP Logged

Kifaru
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Kallistier
Dogs of War
Intelligent_Life
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
JustSayNo

Run baby run

Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2011 at 12:37am

Oh my. . . .  what do we have here. 
That map is filled with truly ridiculous levels of awesomeness.  I haven't done a true dungeon crawl in nearly a decade, and just glancing at that map sends a cold shiver down my back.  My old swashbuckler barely made it out alive the first time in undermountain, but it just might be time to dust off the rapiers and give it another go.

IP Logged

Clay
Townfolk

Kenner, LA
Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2011 at 1:03am

Kifaru wrote on Feb 23rd, 2011 at 12:37am:
Oh my. . . .  what do we have here. 
That map is filled with truly ridiculous levels of awesomeness.  I haven't done a true dungeon crawl in nearly a decade, and just glancing at that map sends a cold shiver down my back.  My old swashbuckler barely made it out alive the first time in undermountain, but it just might be time to dust off the rapiers and give it another go.

Thanks for the compliments.  Smiley

I wish I could show you guys the maps I made for Level 8 (which is a double sized poster map) and the sub level (which is a full sized poster map) but I am in a NDA with the development team and can't reveal more.

The website for the project is Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register if you want to read more. Registering at the site is EXTREMELY difficult so let me know if anyone tries to register and I'll see if I can help the process along.

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

settle for lies.

Reply #9 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 10:18pm

An NDA?  That sounds official.   Since it's using WoTC IP, I assumed that this was a fan-created piece of work.  Normally, companies will allow that sort of thing.  Did you guys get a license, or are you just counting on going under the radar?  If you got that license, then that's pretty cool to see WoTC is allowing pre-4e stuff to get published.  Historically, WotC have been jerks about allowing pre-current editions to be available "officially".

I know for sure that the OGL and SRD do not allow for any WoTC IP to be used.

IP Logged

Clay
Townfolk

Kenner, LA
Reply #10 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 11:58pm

It's a fan creation and it's not for sale so no license is needed. We have a letter from WotC giving us the ok for the project. The NDA is just for the developers so things stay under wraps until release date

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

settle for lies.

Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:20pm

Clay wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 11:58pm:
It's a fan creation and it's not for sale so no license is needed. We have a letter from WotC giving us the ok for the project. The NDA is just for the developers so things stay under wraps until release date

Cool beans.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print