Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
pfrpg? (Read 5589 times)
cormac
Townfolk

The wandering monster
is dead.

irish channel uptown
Re: pfrpg?
Reply #15 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 2:53am

march 9th or tenth, right after mardi gras

IP Logged

wing
Second Level
Intelligent_Life

I bump old threads.

Marigny
Reply #16 - May 15th, 2011 at 11:01pm

Did this ever get going? I'm already committed to a group, but it's always good to hear that other games are going on.

winglessavian  
IP Logged

cormac
Townfolk

The wandering monster
is dead.

irish channel uptown
Reply #17 - May 17th, 2011 at 5:11pm

no, could not get a night agreed on, so i joined a different campaign as a player. i run monday night campaign, here is the campaign wiki (still in production)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

now i am trying to get ppl together to play mtg and ddm 2.0

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

--cormac

IP Logged

wing
Second Level
Intelligent_Life

I bump old threads.

Marigny
Reply #18 - May 17th, 2011 at 5:34pm

Hmm, i might like to play, but i have no cards. Sorry you didn't get your game going.

winglessavian  
IP Logged

cormac
Townfolk

The wandering monster
is dead.

irish channel uptown
Reply #19 - May 18th, 2011 at 5:24am

i have extra decks and get new cards when i can and draft play.

i was just as happy joining a campaign, since my monday campaign is large and intricate.

IP Logged

wing
Second Level
Intelligent_Life

I bump old threads.

Marigny
Reply #20 - May 18th, 2011 at 5:38pm

Your Monday campaign looks amazing! Hows that going?

winglessavian  
IP Logged

cormac
Townfolk

The wandering monster
is dead.

irish channel uptown
Reply #21 - May 18th, 2011 at 11:35pm

its going great! pc's now control the ship after being poisoned, robbed, and sold into drow slavery, some of those things more than once. now they are desperatly trying to regain wealth to support the ship

IP Logged

wing
Second Level
Intelligent_Life

I bump old threads.

Marigny
Reply #22 - May 19th, 2011 at 12:19am

Sounds awesome! Do you have some kind of online campaign log i could check out? Oh, actually i guess i should say how is the adventure log coming along?

winglessavian  
IP Logged

cormac
Townfolk

The wandering monster
is dead.

irish channel uptown
Reply #23 - May 19th, 2011 at 5:16am

i just started it last month, but hopefully soon it will have a base timeline, then character and npc comments to flesh it out. almost 2 years of play so far, so it may take a month or two to finish. (my campaign normally last 5-6 years at once per week)

IP Logged

wing
Second Level
Intelligent_Life

I bump old threads.

Marigny
Reply #24 - May 19th, 2011 at 1:37pm

Wow, that's pretty impressive... I guess that's why everyone has three characters, so they don't get tired of playing any of them?

winglessavian  
IP Logged

cormac
Townfolk

The wandering monster
is dead.

irish channel uptown
Reply #25 - May 19th, 2011 at 4:46pm

no, the story is about the ship and freeport, so one group is in freeport, one away team, and one group to always be on the ship. 4 characters have died: one rolled 3 natural 1's in a row for saves, 2 sacrificed themselves to buy the crew time to escape the drow, and one was killed by another player character due to conflict and insubordination.
sometimes, in a big fight, they may play 2 or even all thier characters. it is a different style of play where your roles change frequently. it takes good gamers to adjust, and players who are stuck in certain classes tend to fall short.

IP Logged

wing
Second Level
Intelligent_Life

I bump old threads.

Marigny
Reply #26 - May 19th, 2011 at 8:53pm

That sounds incredible. There's nothing funny about dying from critical failures, i've done the exact same thing. The role changes must be a real challenge, i'm sure your group is pretty entertaining.

When you say stuck in classes, do you mean the people who only like playing one or two classes? Also, when a Player's character dies are you letting them make a new one so they always have three?

winglessavian  
IP Logged

cormac
Townfolk

The wandering monster
is dead.

irish channel uptown
Reply #27 - May 19th, 2011 at 9:20pm

yes to both.

i understand favorite classes or class combos, i love the mystic theurge, but making the same character over and over with a  new name but the same feats/spells/attitude is boring. i have had two high level mystic theurge: one devout Celestian worshiper that used his magic to fight frontline with sword and spell and then paint illusion based painting of his adventures ( Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register ) and the other worshiped magic, called gods con men that mastered the arts, claimed divine and arcane come from the same source, he created items and wielded two wands in combat not to fight, but to buff and heal his comrades.
when it comes to character creation, no race, alignment or class can be repeated (until neccessary) in my campaigns

IP Logged

wing
Second Level
Intelligent_Life

I bump old threads.

Marigny
Reply #28 - May 19th, 2011 at 10:10pm

I had a hard rolled character who was on his way to becoming a druid/wizard mystic theurge, but the campaign ended and he never got past lvl 3. I've played the no race/class repetition game before, but never with no alignment repetition, is that why you have nine characters? Must get a little crazy when LG and CE are stuck together.

winglessavian  
IP Logged

cormac
Townfolk

The wandering monster
is dead.

irish channel uptown
Reply #29 - May 20th, 2011 at 5:07am

it definatly creates character drama. i have had to stop people from playing evil as stupid. evil is mainly a lack of care whether the people around you live or die IF they are not important to you. family/bussiness associates/partners in crime could be your rock in life, and any threat to them could mean a sudden and violent response by a CE person. does not mean he is a flighty serial killer.  i expect ppl to play their alignment with intelligence. Lawful and Evil both can be difficult for ppl because they put to much into it.

in my game, it creates a more realistic behavior by characters with players trying to play by certain morals. the crew who now captain the ship are good aligned, which affects many things in their lives. but in a world where law can be absent except for what the strongest impose, it can be advantageous to know who in the crew can do the dirty jobs without any moral judgements. just like the military does Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print