Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Starting up again...if we can recall! (Read 2837 times)
moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Starting up again...if we can recall!
Jan 3rd, 2011 at 10:38pm

Hey Guys, obviously I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year.  Things have been quiet on all fronts gaming for both games of mine, but as I am running one, I know pretty much where we left off but as for our game...I can't recall what exactly happened, so i thought I would throw out some things I think I did, and maybe the memory from someone else can help us all out.

Ok, we finally kicked the big guys butt, killed his monster but we were at the bottom then decided to camp somewhere at the top with the drop, behind us.

That ass, was not killed and we found he had some odd powers and was more like a swarm than a humanoid.  I think we fought well and pushed him back.  He escaped and now we were continuing the mission of finding the resting place of the sword, so that we could fight teh dracolich at Shattered Bridge.

I am not sure but I think we made 8th level, although they may have been some wishful thinking on my part.  We were resting or were about to...

Ok, that's all I can recall.  HELP!
  Shocked

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Re: Starting up again...if we can recall!
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 3:52pm

We were at the top of some cliffs when a group of hostile lizardmen -- followers of a demon who I think was called Sessinek -- attacked us.  One of them was some kind of magician, his name escapes me, and he had some swarm-like powers.  I believe he did eventually escape.  Meanwhile, a bunch of smaller lizardmen used their drums to summon a great big monstrous lizard -- I can't quite remember what it was called, but it was the same general type of lizard that we had defeated in ritual combat back at the lizardmen's city.  So we fought all these various lizards and were getting our asses kicked due to some horrible dice rolls, and I thought we were probably all going to die, but then we survived.

Then we went down the cliff, into a marshy area, and traveled through that, heading toward the ancient town of Redbay.  While we were traveling, one of the skinks who seem to idolize Ladron as some kind of celebrity caught up to us and (my memory is fuzzy on this) warned us that more of the demon-worshipping lizardmen were coming after us?

We reached the ruins of Redbay, which consisted of a lagoon and some rooftops arising out of it.  We stopped there.  It seemed that the next thing we would have to do would be to find a way to get across the water to the ruins themselves, in order to find an ancient sword that could help to defeat the dracolich.

I don't recall our going up to level 8, but I could be forgetting.  Anyone else want to fill in something I forgot, or correct me if I'm misremembering something?

Is there any word on when we're playing next?

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 3:18pm

Hey guys, even if we're not doing a regular game we can still meet up for other things.  For example, I purchased Cthulu Munchkin, or some brave GM type could do a one-off.  I have space at my house for this sort of thing (not as big a table as hewhorocks, but it's something.)  Let me know if you're interested.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 7:04pm

Get it organized man, I would be up for doing a high level one shot or something...munchkin is always fun...

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 12:55am

Hey, I could always play some munchkin. And a one-off would be pretty fun. Keep me posted on it.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

New Orleans
Reply #5 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 2:51am

Well guys, I am free Saturday daytime, and have space at my house (though not as much as hewhorocks). I'm not quite yet willing to dm something (never having done it before), though there is a slight possibility I could do a Savage Worlds thing. So there could be another dm, or a few board/card games could happen (like munchkin). Any takers, or more ideas? I have another friend who might be interested too.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:15am

Sounds good but I can't mix up thye weekends...I still am running my game this weekend, so I can't join you guys.  Next week however would be good.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 3:52am

Oh, I guess I haven't been paying close attention to the dates. Well, something interesting may happen at my house, if anyone is interested.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #8 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 1:58am

Work has been kicking my ass severely these past few weeks.  I won't be able to do anything this weekend, but if something's happening next Saturday there is a good chance I can join in.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #9 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 7:44am

nice!  I have no idea though as to what is going on at all.  Been some time since I talked to leigh.  anyone else?  I will give him a call.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #10 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 4:24am

Hey sorry Ive been out of the loop. Not getting to much sleep these days as I'm sure you can imagine. Slowly getting to a stable routine however not quite there yet im afraid. Sorry about that guys. I'm eager to play but dont yet have the block of time to commit just yet. Learning the Dad thing and all.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #11 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 5:52am

Leigh, no worries man!  We totally understand...ok I totally understand, well you know the responsibility of it all so i know your life is going to be crazy.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 8:49pm

Leigh!  How you doing with sleeping!?  Hope all is well, just checking in with you man.  btw stopped over by Plusonegaming and they have a great setup with plenty of room.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #13 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 4:34am

Hmm unsure of when I can get time but wanna move the story along in a little play by post?

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #14 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 11:54pm

I like the idea until we can get a day going....I will say that I still have the day opened, as in not my game.  I am playing Legends of Anglare which is a lot of fun.  Adam the GM is leaving in July.  I have not made any decisions yet but know i will be free then.  Until that time, play by post would be fine by me.  Recently I have been playing 3.5, pathfinder and still the 4th ed game....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print