Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
talking about new characters (Read 3742 times)
yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Re: talking about new characters
Reply #15 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 1:58pm

I'll make some fallback characters. 

One will be Aerandis's cousin, an elf who had self-imposed his own exile with the Kron Plainsmen at a young age.  Facially disfigured, he only found acceptance with the shaman mystic of the tribe who recognized his innate primal magic abilities.  After reaching maturity, he decided to search for Aerandis and either reconcile with him or slay him (too late though).

The second will be a gnome druid sent by Nerisella.  Sensing that Aerandis connection to the primal spirits had been weakened or cut, she sent out one of her allies in the Fey Fields to confirm his passing (as Aerandis was in a way her ward).

So, the shaman is more of a leader, and the druid is more of a controller.  We'll see what happens.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #16 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 8:34pm

We all in for tomorrow at 11?

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #17 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 11:19pm

I'll be there.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #18 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 11:43pm

Yes, I'll be there as well.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #19 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 2:10am

I should be able to be there, although sleep will be short for me. I do have a character mostly prepared if Ladron should bite it.  The background is sketchy and based on some background stories I wrote for Ladron.  If I have time at work tonight, I might write another character for flexibility's sake if we should undergo TPK.

Alain is a warlord. He enlisted as a footsoldier at a young age with a local baron's men to escape the tedium of life on the farm. He quickly showed the ability to lead men and within a couple of years was commanding his own detachment. When the baron was deposed through familial intrigue, he decided to set out on his own as an adventurer and mercenary. He helped put together a small band, which included Ladron Took. Together they participated in several campaigns outside of the Kron Plains against orc raiders. Alain was one of the party who was rescued by Ladron from jail the night that Ladron took revenge on the local lord by stealing the lord's son's clothing and putting them on the local scarecrows.  After that incident, the party broke up. Recently he had heard that Ladron was in the area of the Lizard peoples involved in a campaign to find a powerful magic weapon, and leaving a trail of practical jokes and vanquished foes. Alain decided to head in that direction and see what his former companion was up to.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #20 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 7:23am

I will be there...should I bring humans?

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #21 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 8:41am

I wasn't bored by any means but conflicted on what I wanted to run and a few of you had mentioned who would be the fighter in the group.  I enjoyed the ranger but did not want to try something new, although being a beast ranger, might be interesting at a later time.  I had talked about a Barbarian but then thought about a straight fighter.  As I thought of their strengths and weaknesses I considered running a full on Paladin, so here is the jumble of ideas I had and the concepts I had for ideas both relating and adding to our little part of Wyverndale…

Sunedahl Grinner (Soon-dawl Grinn ner) – If his father had been any less of a man, Sunedahl might have enjoyed the open plains, hunting great and small creatures and besting his fellow tribesmen to work his way to becoming the greatest of his tribe.  Living in the shadow of another may have been a lesser man’s path but he knew there were greater things beyond the great Sea of Grass and out beyond the great mountains to the west and east.  Skills, strength, weapons of war had become his over the years, some inherited but others acquired but the one thing that would elude him until he took it for himself was honor and respect of those other than his tribe, his people and his father.

Many in the city of Brix talked about the wolves and dragonmen and of how the city had been saved by a politician in the past months.  Greater stories were filtering in from the west of a great evil coming out of shattered bridge and how the people were fleeing in great numbers.  Most seemed silly to him but many men who spoke to, he saw their eyes and knew the truth of their stories.  Fear and awe could not be easily created in so many without the truth being behind a great many.  He followed all the stories he could and all continued to tell of a great warrior who had been in many of the stories.  He would follow them as far as they could take him as such a warrior would be worth fighting next to, to defeat something as awful as an undead thing…what did the stories say?  A dracolich?

Thomas Ashby’s family had groomed him for years to be strong and insightful of all those around him if he expected to do any good in the world and to better serve the people and his god.  He was taught by all in the house, from the captain of the guard, the grounds keeper to the family priests who had been a part of his life since he could remember.  Always had the family kept abreast of city affairs and now, Brix had become unstable in recent months, so much so that the family moved to their home near the countryside of shattered bridge.  There, they were told of yet a greater evil that had returned to Shattered Bridge and how chaos and anarchy had spread throughout the region.  Thomas knew at once he would do all he could to help the people of the area and to learn of those who might aid him in ending, once and for all the darkness near his homelands.

It seemed that he was not the only person being tricked or coerced into serving as guards for the city…the young warrior noted as he watched the Halfling, human and two dwarves working as guards.  They were wrongfully sentenced for something they did not wish to be a part of despite his protests, and his being there, they still had to work.  These were skilled warriors, as he was, who could have killed many but by a simple twist of fate they earned the same fate as he did.  Perhaps fate indeed as Kord was placing before him a challenge like never before.  They spoke often he noticed in their time here, quiet but enough that he knew they searched for a weapon of great power and something about a sunken city.  He was determined to help them once he was free of his service.  Perhaps this being his last day to work was indeed fate showing him his path and maybe, if he looked for all the signs and paid attention he could do some good in this world.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print