Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RP -- on the road to Redbay (Read 1533 times)
elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

RP -- on the road to Redbay
Sep 30th, 2010 at 6:18am

So we slay the great big lizard, and the lizardfolk give us permission to go to their ancient city which I presume was formerly known as Redbay, and we are walking down an ancient road through the jungle to get there...

Luke says to Ladron: "Hey, I've been meaning to say, I'm sorry about yelling at you to shut up when we were back there in the city.  What I had in mind there was that by being really disrespectful to you, I'd hopefully get them to believe that you showing up and stabbing the lizard in the guts wasn't just an underhanded trick that we planned all along, you know?

"So um, thanks for stepping in.  Hmm, that's two battles in a row where you've dealt the killing blow to a big lizard.  I guess you've got a knack for it -- which is nice because I'll bet that wasn't the last lizard that's going to try to kill us."

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Re: RP -- on the road to Redbay
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 12:36pm

Ladron, "I get it, it was a two man con. I've pulled stuff like that before. You do pretty well at it for a guy who claims to be all knighty and stuff. I'm glad you started with it, cause when you told me that I wasn't supposed to be there, my angry mob instinct was about to kick in, which is to run as fast as I can while lighting fires. This is one for the  books though, because it's the first time I've ever helped cheat someone, they found out about it, then thanked me and showered me with gifts!"

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 5:21pm

"Spaking of gifts," Brenna says, using her magic to fix the tears and rips in her clothes and armor, "It would be nice if we make it without me getting bit or swallowed again.  Any of us fer that matter.  I was goin' to have quite a time if you hadn't hit em so hard it droppped me.  Give me some blood and guts any day but by Moradin, don't let me git ate agin!"

Brenna shakes her head, sniffs at her clothes and makes a face.  "That's never goin to smell right again.  I might as well just burn them and wear my formal robes...maybe Moradin will take note and not let his blessed robes get dirtied by another foul beast..."

Looking to Ladron, "You did well indeed!  It's good to let the taller folk know just how deadly we can be...keeps em in line."  she says smiling and with a wink, hoping for a laugh from the group.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 5:26pm

Luke raises an eyebrow and frowns a little at Ladron's "two-man con" comment, but lets it pass.  He chuckles obligingly at Brenna's humor.

"Actually, speaking of how deadly you are, Brenna -- can we do some sparring next time we stop along the road?  There's something about the way you and Thir plant your feet in combat that seems to work really well.  I think I could learn it with a little practice -- even if I am freakishly tall."

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 7:52am

"Planting yer feet, ya think we just plant our feet?  True it is we do so in battle but there's a knack to it with how low we are to the ground as well.  I'll tell you what I know and also be knocking you down a bit fer practice.  Drop yer shoulders and such would probably help ya a bit as well as leaning towards your opponent when they come at you, so you have ta pay close attention to them more.  Not just wading into the fray so close that I could get to you mind ya."

Brenna tries her best to make him drop down low, immitating squatting down slightly but being so short in comparison it does not appear that she actually does anything but hunch down a little.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 6:45am

Ladron watches as the armored folk work on making themselves harder to move.

"You know that looks awful awkward. Me, I've been liking striking from the shadows stuff. Moving around has been working for me and I think I'm getting better at it. I'm also gonna start zinging back at those guys who take random swipes at me, teach them to have the nerve!"

(Level 7 power: Killing ambush, retrain Duelist's Flurry for Riposte Strike)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print