Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Who makes the best minis? (Read 1149 times)
shawnmtoups
Townfolk

Kenner
Who makes the best minis?
Sep 14th, 2010 at 8:29am

Not really a system debate, but who makes the best minis?  I've only really ever used the plastic ones wizards makes.

shawnmtoups nightsonsmt  
IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: Who makes the best minis?
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 7:09pm

Define your criteria for "Best"

Wizards makes prepainted  miniatures which are a plus if your not a modeler. They dont hold a candle detail wise to say reaper miniatures but you have to paint those your self.
Check out Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register to see whats out there.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

shawnmtoups
Townfolk

Kenner
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 11:15pm

Quality wise.  The plastic ones wizards makes like to warp, at least in my experience.

shawnmtoups nightsonsmt  
IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 2:46am

quality wise nothing prepainted can hold a candle to even the most rudimentary job done by a practiced painter who cares. The trade off is time though. Given 4 hours you can do quality work and put something on the table that you can be proud of. Thats the rub though 5 bucks for a mini plus 4 hours of time. If its not something you enjoy doing 2 hours of even minimum wage will get you a dozen pre-painted figures. Reaper is good. GW are good as well. Personally I think Gamezone and Crocodile games make great figures.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print