Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
old aritcle on the proliferation of bad supliments and new rule systems (Read 1101 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
old aritcle on the proliferation of bad supliments and new rule systems
Jul 20th, 2010 at 5:17am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Gman
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Belle Chasse
Re: old aritcle on the proliferation of bad supliments and new rule systems
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 11:05pm

Nice find and epic write up.  I agree wholeheartedly with his viewpoint and while I do enjoy the 3.5/3.75 editions, I too typically limited to the Core books and a couple extras.

A game we had in Germany ended up with a Fighter having like 12 attacks per round with 8 of them @ max bonus rather than the lesser bonuses b/c of a slew of Min/Maxed feats cobbled together from a variety of sources.

That as well as the fact that he was using Large versions of his weapons, one in each hand thanks to yet another feat, and I literally had had enough.

I thought briefly of switching over the 4th edition, but the epic pace of release of their books made me realize I don't really need another rule set anyways, as it's usually just an adjunct to the actual sport of Role Playing, Cheesy.

Gman gmanv4  
IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Re: old aritcle on the proliferation of bad supliments and new rule systems
Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2010 at 1:03am

Well I agree the story d&d stuff is crap. But I don't think rule books fall under this system. I mean... who writes the Fiendish Codex for word count? I can understand a novel working this way.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print