Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Great gaming movies (Read 514 times)
Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Great gaming movies
Jun 13th, 2010 at 2:25pm

I know most people here have probably seen them, but there are some great movies out there about gaming. For your consideration:

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising - This is an Indie film about a module writer with writer's block and his struggles to DM his friends through his latest campaign.

Monster Camp - This is a documentary highlighting the Seattle Nero LARP community.

Both these movies will have you rolling, and probably remind you of just about any game session you have ever played in. Don't worry though, they are lighthearted and don't seek to insult gamers at all. Happy viewing
Smiley

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Re: Great gaming movies
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:34am

Along with Dorkness rising, watch thier first movie, titled The Gamers.  Not as polished as the second one but fun to watch or rent.

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 2:22pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 3:17pm

Well, I was shooting for movies that didn't make us look like degenerate nerds on a bad acid trip, but thanks for the contribution, beyonder.  Grin

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print