Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gaming on Alternate Saturdays at Galactic (Read 3605 times)
Kebb
Keeberon
Big Dog
MGG
JustSayNo

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Gaming on Alternate Saturdays at Galactic
Mar 7th, 2010 at 4:34am

Hey everyone,

Had a good game this afternoon at Galactic, played some 4th Ed.  Anyway, I believe that the Saturday afternoon game at Galactic is going to be every other week and wanted to get some ideas for a possible game on the off saturdays.

A couple of thoughts:

- Someone mentioned maybe being interested in running another 4th Ed game
- Maybe a 3/3.5 game for those of us who aren't really up on 4th

Anyone have any thoughts?

It was great meeting everyone today.

~Kebb

IP Logged

Dr. Nemesis
MGG
Keeberon Player

Half Man/Half Awesome

Broadmoor
Re: Gaming on Alternate Saturdays at Galactic
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2010 at 2:15am

I'm definitely open to the idea of playing a different game in the same time slot on alternating Saturdays. I'd especially like something that leans away from straight-up dungeon-crawl style and a bit more plot/intigue/character development or what have you--not that I have a big problem with the current game  Cool

I can run a few different things, but I would prefer to play, as my current weekly schedule doesn't permit me much time to prepare, and I hate running when I'm unprepared. I should be open to play anything, though I'd prefer something like 7th Sea or Eberron, given a choice.

I agree that it was good to meet the new folks this weekend. Hope to hear from the rest of you on here soon.

http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=1177546823  
IP Logged

robotic_asimov
Townfolk

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2010 at 9:51pm

im a new player that is interested in joining a 4ed game but id be happy to try out 3/3.5.

Homer no function beer well without

IP Logged

daigon616
Townfolk

me.

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 1:08am

Where is galactic and is anyone familiar with call of cthulhu? no mascarade or wolf please....no offence but I had enough of that I prefer the unconqureable.

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 3:33am

daigon616 wrote on Mar 10th, 2010 at 1:08am:
Where is galactic and is anyone familiar with call of cthulhu? no mascarade or wolf please....no offence but I had enough of that I prefer the unconqureable.

Familiar with Call of Cthulhu?  You betcha.  Our group just finished a couple of years worth of Masks of Nyarlathotep and Beyond the Mountains of Madness using Chaosium's original BRP system.

An insanely good time was had by all.   Wink

After two years as Keeper for those mega-scenarios, I need a break, but I wouldn't mind playing as Investigator for a change.   Smiley

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

Kebb
Keeberon
Big Dog
MGG
JustSayNo

me.

Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 4:08am

I love the Eberron setting and would be open to the possibility of running an Eberron 3/3.5 (since that is the system I am familiar with and those are the books I have).  However, that being said, I would really REALLY like to play, so if anyone else is aching to DM that'd be really cool.

IP Logged

Gman
Townfolk

me.

Belle Chasse
Reply #6 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 1:24am

I wish Belle Chasse wasn't so far off the beaten path from there, really is inconvienant when you have a wife/kids, Cheesy.

I love running heavy intrigue type campaigns...maybe in a couple/few years when I retire from this slave driving Army, Cheesy.

Gman gmanv4  
IP Logged

daigon616
Townfolk

me.

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 12:57am

ok two things I live in belle chasse and I am a gm for call of cthulhu, I have to find the books though maybe buy them online. BUTT.....this can happen and you too can become part of the mythos that is cthulhu. if you dare....mwhaahahahha. btw my old group called me cthulhu because they all DIED horribly or went insane because they choose the dumbest choices. I'm meticulous. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Dr. Nemesis
MGG
Keeberon Player

Half Man/Half Awesome

Broadmoor
Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 7:25am

So, I've been reading the Eberron books for 4th edition. It's a much cooler campaign setting than I thought. Kebb, when you run, do you focus more on cloak-and-dagger type stuff or the noir elements or maybe the steampunk/pulpy angle? Or would you say it's more like a fantasy setting with "magi-tech" flavor?

IP Logged

Kebb
Keeberon
Big Dog
MGG
JustSayNo

me.

Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 2:13pm

When I run they are usually sherlock holmes-y mysteries with lots of spy intrigue and backstabbing and that kind of stuff.  I try to keep the noir feel to it but that really depends a lot on the players I've found.  I also really like the "magi-tech" final fantasy kinda flavor as well, so I throw in lots of sky ships and what not.

Good news, I was sitting on the bus this morning, staring out into the middle distance and had a great idea for a campaign, so I'm going to start putting that together and maybe we can get something going soon.

I generally don't like more than 4 or at max 5 players in a game though, so I gotta keep it small.  Its the only way to get away from really long combats and hack-n-slash campaigns.

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 4:05pm

I'd love to play in that campaign.  Can I call dibs on a spot?

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

Dr. Nemesis
MGG
Keeberon Player

Half Man/Half Awesome

Broadmoor
Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 4:58pm

Ditto.

IP Logged