Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
'allo, everyone (Read 896 times)
Dr. Nemesis
MGG
Keeberon Player

Half Man/Half Awesome

Broadmoor
'allo, everyone
Jan 24th, 2010 at 9:07am

I recently met moyphotos at a gathering of Go players, and he pointed me to these forums. I've been in New Orleans for a little less than a year, and I'm always happy to make some new friends who share my terminally geeky interests (this extends way beyond gaming and into films, books, comics, crude jokes, zombie survival tactics, and other such nonsense).

I've got somewhere around 15 years experience with role-playing of all sorts. I've done tabletop, LARP (MET, mostly), online, and chartered some hardcore RP groups in MMOGs. While I've played a little of everything (barring Rifts, which really isn't my bag), I'm most experienced with the old World of Darkness games, Mind's Eye Theatre LARP, Exalted 2nd Edition, and a fair amount of D&D. Mostly I like games that lean more towards plot/character development and less towards wargaming (not that I totally dislike the dungeon-crawl on a grid map experience).

I love to try new things (been wanting to play or run 7th Sea for a while, as an example), and I currently play a Saturday night Mage: The Ascension game by videoconference to Memphis (my former home). I'd love to come to a meet-up or sit in on a game session or just hang out and talk about geeky things, so I'll keep an eye out for events (and perhaps try to put one together myself).  Cool

http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=1177546823  
IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Re: 'allo, everyone
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2010 at 4:27pm

Welcome to the forums Dr. Nemesis.  You will most likely find that most of what people play round these boards are D&D of varying editions and Shadowrun.  There is a smattering of WoD (new and old) and GURPS.  I also recall a few people posting that they play quite a wide variety of games other than those four.

It may not seem this way, but the boards are fairly active. It is just alot of the activity is in private sections of the forums for specific groups.  I hope you visit often and can manage finding a game.

Again, welcome the the boards.

IP Logged

Adam
MGG

Mouse Guard

Slidell, LA
Zombies!!!!
Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2010 at 11:47pm

Zombie survival! I've spent endless hours geeking out at work, planning for the Zombie Apocalypse with co-workers and friends. LMAO man that brings back memories! Grin

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I'm better than you. Statistically, it just means I'm smarter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print