Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
meetup tomorrow (Read 2370 times)
Casper
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Dogs of War
Top Ten
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Stark player
Esplanade

You want what??? For how
much???

Seattle
meetup tomorrow
Jan 22nd, 2010 at 4:51pm

There is a meetup tomorrow.  There is an event on the calendar for it but no thread about it.  I don't mind people posting both, a post about it and the same info put on the calendar.

Anyway, I wanted to say I might show up to some of them but lunch on saturday is prescheduled for me most of the time and I can't do it tomorrow.  Weekly might be hard to sustain unless you have some other reason to meet, even if its just random people meeting for lunch and gaming talk once a week.

Don't waste my time.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Re: meetup tomorrow
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 11:04pm

Hey Man, I meant to ask you about creating a thread for this but wanted to see how the first meeting went.  If you are able, please create one for me.  Thanks Dav!

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Bi-Monthly Meetup/Gaming Session
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 6:42am

Ok, here's the latest on the next meetup...

Ok, we had several people show up for the meetup today, two I just met, John C. and Don P., also, yet another John N.  We also were lucky to have been there for a D&D Miniature's tournament.  We will probably be adding a few others from that group as well. 

A few points I wanted to make, so everyone will know what's going on for the future of the group and for our newly formed 4th edition group.

1. We will be meeting next on Saturday, February 6th at 12:30pm until 5pm.  Caesar does have their Parade but not until 6pm...please keep this in mind as you head home.  The parade starts near clearview shopping center (El Dorado), down Veterans, up Severn, back to Vets, up Bonnabel, back to Vets again and finishes on Martin Behrman.

2. If you think you can make the meeting to play, please have a 1st level character, rolled either by the DNDINSIDER.com Character builder...it is free to download and you can roll up to a 3rd level character before you must subscribe.

3.  Anyone is welcome to play and we will add you in even if it is your first time or first week playing.  (please note, you will start at first level; Standard Wizards of teh Coast,WotC, 4th edition rules.  We actually used the roll 4d6 discard lowest method for stats,  BUT you can move the scores to any attribute.  Contact me if you have any questions.)

4.  We have so far a Rogue, Wizard, Ranger & Bard.  I do not require and in fact prefer you to be whatever type of character you want.  No one HAS to be the cleric or any specific type to BALANCE the party.

5. At the end of each session, we will decide on the next meetup, but as stated previously it should be every other week.

6.  We will meet every two week, like this, until further notice, adjusting only for Holidays & obviously personal schedules.

Hope you can make the next one!

IP Logged

shawnmtoups
Townfolk

Kenner
Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 3:04am

Seems like you might be doing it at galactic goods.  I used to play/dm games at the store so let me give you some advice. 
1. The owners always assume they are invited to play.  If you do let them play, they create pc like they are playing a knock-down the door style game, but expect to play a deep and storied game.
2. They tend to invite any and everyone to play in your game.  So set ground rules first.
3.  They are generally nice people and mean well but are kinda slow so be prepared to repeat stuff and explain things extremly clearly.

Any other questions about them or any incite you may need, just message me.

shawnmtoups nightsonsmt  
IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Meetup Group Game & updates
Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2010 at 3:35am

Hi everyone, just wanted to update you that we are now two full sessions into our campaign and well on our way to second level.  For those of you who may have missed it, here is what has been happening the past few weeks.  (I am posting the the last three posts from the meetup website. I will mose them to our new section once it gets created.)

Any questions about the game, the meetup group, or something else, please PM me or post it here!

SeanM

Originally posted February 15th, 2010

For those of you coming for the first time, have your dice, character sheets and know that I will work you into the current game. If you have any questions about your character and whether or not it will be allowed please contact me. Remember you start with 100gp at character creation, can have any basic items you can afford.

Reason why you have come to the Griffon's Nest Inn:

"A call to adventurers has been set forth two months ago as the area has been beset by too large a number of attacks that go beyond typical bandits. Entire villages on the outskirts have been razed and many killed. Caravans report many dead in the neighboring towns where they stop to sell their wares and rest. Cormyr and the royal family have given a number of Purple Dragons to help eliminate large numbers of monsters but the smaller towns and village away from the larger cities must be assisted as well.

Will you come forth to help in this time of crisis?!"

See you guys there!

Originally posted February 8th 2010

Ok, like I had said on Saturday, please have a 2nd level version of your character as we may level up by then. Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it...

I wanted to give you guys some more background info and will be doing so on here all during the week and leading up to game time. I will have that info with me at the meetup so don't worry if you miss anything. Anything important will always be relayed but be aware I might have some new stuff or clues to things here.

Sean

Originally Posted February 4th 2010

I wanted to set a few ground rules and also hope to get you people ready...

1. Respect. I would like it, you all deserve it. Any discussions should be kept civil.

2. I do not want any pvp (player versus player) or party killing.
-Most of the people that are playing I have talked to want a general "good" campaign. pvp does not fit in here.

3. Although we all metagame - say things that we know but which our characters would have no idea about in a million years, please try to keep it from spilling forth too much. Now don't get me wrong, good and great ideas that your character might be able to do are awesome, so if you come up with something crazy...we'll all see if your character could pull it off.

4. Role Playing...I am not an academy award winner, I doubt any of you are either...but please try to role play your characters...may sound silly but telling me you saying "I use intimidate with the magistrate's lackey to get more money." is not the same as, "I flex my muscles and pull out my sword rubbing my finger down the blade and talking about how sharp it is and how alone we are before the magistrate's lackey" to get him to pay you a larger bounty...

5. Have fun and if you are not...let me know why, so we can fix it for next time.

See you all Saturday.

IP Logged

Dr. Nemesis
MGG
Keeberon Player

Half Man/Half Awesome

Broadmoor
Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 8:01am

Sorry I wasn't around for the second run, but I'll definitely be there for the next one (provided my seat's still open). Where/when?

http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=1177546823  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print