Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need to meet some other geeks (Read 929 times)
Bardy McBardsen
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Need to meet some other geeks
Jan 8th, 2010 at 12:07am

Hey all.  I live right near the quarter and reeeeeaally want to start playing 3.5 again.  I used to live in Wisconsin, and was married to a hard core gamer for a while.  His whole family and practically I know there plays d&d.  I miss it.  Anyway, look forward to meeting some peeps and rpg-ing.

IP Logged

Casper
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Dogs of War
Top Ten
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Stark player
Esplanade

You want what??? For how
much???

Seattle
Re: Need to meet some other geeks
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 5:44am

There are two groups that use this forum a lot.  One is playing 3.5, the other is doing 4.0.  There are some other groups that pop in and say hello.  We've never been quite big enough to have people just stopping by to talk gaming all the time.

The problem (for you) is both groups are full right now.  I'm in the group playing 3.5 right now (sometimes we do shadowrun, we've talked about doing world of darkness) and we are full.  You might be able to come by and meet us with the hope of a spot opening in the future, but I don't think we can add another player right now.

The 4.0 group might have room.  I will let that respond.  But it is 4.0.  Some people have issues with that system.  I'm sure they'd let you come by to at least meet the group too.

There is also a meetup.com group for the area.  But members of the 4.0 group are the core of that meetup group.  The 4.0 group started playing after talking at a meetup.

So I'd suggest meeting the two groups, going to the meetups, and maybe a space will open up or a new game will start when enough new people get together.  Give it a little time and be diligent and you should find something.

Don't waste my time.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 11:30pm

Bardy McBardsen ...I love that!  Welcome, welcome, welcome.  I thought I'd chime in since I am part of the 4.0 group and currently running the meetup group that Clutch was talking about.  I am not running the 4.0 game but wanted to tell you a little about it.  Three of the people have played 3.0 & 3.5 only I have not played both.  We play every other week mixing it up when the holidays or if more than two people can't make it.  We also do a bit of character development and role playing on the forums, not saying you have to create your life story for your character but just some stuff every now and then.

I will ask around on the meetup site to see who else is looking for a game as well.  I recall a few players both here and there looking for games.  Good luck and hope you find a game.

IP Logged

Bardy McBardsen
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 6:06am

Thanks all.  If possible, I'd like to meet up with fellow gamers, if only to talk about geeky stuff.  If anyone would let me sit in on a game, just to watch, that would be awesome.  It would at least let me know who's playing what, and who I might like to play with in the future.

IP Logged

LoKi
Townfolk

New Orleans 7th Ward
Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 3:43pm

I also live near the quarter and am looking for role players.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2010 at 3:33am by LoKi »  
wickedpist  
IP Logged

Casper
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Dogs of War
Top Ten
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Stark player
Esplanade

You want what??? For how
much???

Seattle
Reply #5 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 11:55pm

Bardy, I sent you a PM early today.  Check the top of the forum window where it says you have a new message.

Don't waste my time.

IP Logged

Dr. Nemesis
MGG
Keeberon Player

Half Man/Half Awesome

Broadmoor
Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 9:13am

Well, that explains why I couldn't name my account "Bardy McBardsen." I almost went with "Bardman von Bardypants," but that seemed too derivative  Wink

It's good to see someone else out there appreciates the all-time most badest, awesomest, funnest character class ever. Also, as someone in pretty much the same "wanna meet folks" position, I thought I'd chime in and agree that a hang-out session--whether or not an actual game--would be lovely.

http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=1177546823  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print