Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Google Wave (Read 674 times)
SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Google Wave
Dec 11th, 2009 at 6:58pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I do not know if anyone has heard of this yet. It is still in design and it will be for some longer. The video at the top has a video about what it does exactly.

I think if you watch it you will see its implications for gaming. It creates a sort of thread like a forum but wholly different in many many ways. But the detail that is important for gaming is the users can select to they are talking privately, and on what topic. It is hard to explain, but until you see the video.

I think I might have some invites if anyone whats to get on a dick around with me.

IP Logged

Casper
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Dogs of War
Top Ten
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Stark player
Esplanade

You want what??? For how
much???

Seattle
Re: Google Wave
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 7:04pm

Damn it!   That's sounds like the forum like thing I am designing.

On the plus side, one less thing for me to do except that you probably have to use there site.

Don't waste my time.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 6:08am

Well it is like google mail. It is just google wave. You have to have a good account to use it. You just add the people you need or that are in your game. And it works kind of like a thread but you can make post private and include who you want, and you can split into side conversations and replay the interactions. It is kind of sick. You have to get on a forum to use threads, it is just as much effort.

Also if you still want people to see what is going on with the conversations and information, you can add a member called blogy that turns it all into a website instantly that you can place in the forum to keep people connected.

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 11:17pm

If you happen to have any invites left I would be interested in checking it out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print