Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exiting the Tomb citadel of Demlos (In character discussion thread) (Read 844 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Exiting the Tomb citadel of Demlos (In character discussion thread)
Nov 9th, 2009 at 12:53am

Exiting through the warrens beneath the tower-crypt the party is confronted with the first frost of the year. Their breath hangs in the evening air and from the look of the skies they have lost some track of time in the Citadel. The harvest festivals thought to be a week away are likely concluding. As they begin to discuss their options a strange sensation comes over them. Each member (save Theren who still seems to be suffering from his repeated falls) has a sensation of unease. It is as if someone were reading over their shoulder as they composed an essay. The frost on the ground would show if anyone had recently walked this path and there are no signs of any animal life save a flock of black birds in the branches of a lonely leafless tree some 50 yards from the mouth of the warren. The birds  take off in flight as Aerandis casually picks off one of the largest from its perch with a well placed bow-shot. "Spies" he remarks as the rest of the party nods in agreement.

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Re: Exiting the Tomb citadel of Demlos (In character discussion thread)
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 9:02pm

As we make our way out to the cavern I retrieve the Great axe and the last two swords and decide I would be best suited to carry them since Luke already is carrying two.  Before leaving I have decided to drag the axe along only to town so I can sell it.

"I think I am going to sell this axe."  Nadarresh says out loud.  "At worst I could have it melted down and made into some armor or maybe a sword.  Something that fits me better and isn't as worn as these are..."  He stares at his own sword in it's scabbard, pulls it out quickly and notices the small nicks and burrs that adorn it faded from decades of use.  Also the new nicks and burrs show the bright steel beneath, untouched until recently by the elements. 

Thinking to himself he feels the dragon head and minotaur head moving slightly in his backpack.  Trophies!

"You know I have been hunting for years now with my older brother and father and never have we ever come across such creatures as these two."  he says patting the backpack.  I mean a black dragon and a minotaur...an undead skeletal Ogre, the evil spirit of a wizard, some undead things that come forth from orbs, trapped souls...Twice!!!  Flying, blood sucking creatures, a creature of water that I could see but then could not.  All of these things my father could have seen before but did not tell me about.  Perhaps it is to test my will and heart as I am on my own..."  speaking quickly he says, "Without my parents and brother at my side I meant."  He says looking to his companions. 

As they come outside the frost is here.  Scanning the immediate area, no signs of animals seem to have passed...suddenly an arrow whistles out striking down a large black bird.  As the rest fly away, Nadarresh scans the tree line and sky searching for anything else lurking on the branches.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 11:22pm

Responding to Nadarresh's soliloquy about the monsters, Luke says, "The world's full of foul and evil things.  But what can you do, except keep chopping them down, one after the next.  Make the world a little safer for all the peaceful folks."

Stepping out into the frosty air, Luke shivers.  He digs into his rucksack to find a long, knitted, blue-and-green scarf which he winds around his neck.

"What's going on with the weather?  And who's spying on us?"

He gets his longbow ready and looks around anxiously for more birds.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 4:12pm

After watching the birds head off into the distance, Aerandis unstrings his bow and starts to tie it to his travelling pack.  He glances at Luke, "That'll probably do no more good, they've seen us as it is already.  I also wish I knew who was spying on us."

Aerandis slings his pack on his back then puts up the hood on his cloak to ward against the cooling evening air.  "We need more information!  I suggest we rest for the evening then see what we can find.  My own plan is to return for a short period of time to the master druid to whom I am apprenticed, Nerisella.  There I may be able to gain either knowledge or skills which could help us finish this.  In any case, I'd like to let her know what we've found."

Aerandis scans the tallgrass plain around the citadel, in his usual constant vigilance (or paranoia) against being caught unaware by enemies.  Despite this, he still feels much better now that he is able to see the sky and breathe fresh air.  If one was watching, they would see him become slightly taller and straighter as the effects of his claustrophobia wore off.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #4 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 3:47pm

Luke: "Would it do us any good to examine that bird's body or take it with us?  Is there any magic that would tell us if someone was using it as a spy?

"I can carry the thing with us if your druid master -- or you, Dayereth? -- can get some information out of it."

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 6:48am

Dayereth: "Sure, I can check, an enchantment may have left signs, although Nersilla's skill is likely far beyond my own."

As they walk toward the fallen bird, Dayereth reflects opon the past couple of days.  He has gained an impressive amount of skill with his magic and has observed many different kinds of magical fauna to add to his growing beastiary.  His quarrel over the bodies was more or less academic, some of his companions seemed to have more care for bodies of those who had nothing of value.  Really, Dayereth had no great concerns for bodies of those outside his own clan, but he did harbor some reservations about desecrating tombs which were apparently for guardians, according to the ancient text.  However, the damage was done, and quite frankly, he didn't mind a powerful sword being in the hands of someone on his side.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 10:40pm

"We should make haste in getting a fire and camp setup.  It might even do us good to setup just inside the mouth of this place so we'll be better protected.  It should keep the cold out and might even provide a better shelter.  Like lighting a fire in a cauldron in the back of a wagon to cook from & stay warm..."  He looks to the others realizing by the looks on their faces that he is probably the only one who has done this before.  He smiles and goes about quickly making a fire and watching as the color seems to return to their faces and his scales seem to relax as the heat starts flowing.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2009 at 9:43pm

((if it's doable without messing with whatever you've got planned for this Saturday, Luke wants to pursue this matter as soon as possible by going to Brix and talking to whoever's in charge of the Path there.  He wants to bring along the rest of the party for protection, if they're willing, since he's still paranoid about his fugitive status.))

City adventure anyone?

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2009 at 9:54pm

What I mean to say is that if Luke wants convince folks to go to town and try to check this out Im game.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

me.

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2009 at 9:59pm

((Well, y'all can see what's been going on in Luke's thread.  I think it will make more sense to roleplay this conversation in person rather than doing it online at this point, but you can expect that Luke will explain his situation to the members of the party who are present this Saturday and ask for the group's help ASAP.))

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print