Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking to game with people who want to have fun and whatnot (Read 2586 times)
Dan Trombley
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Metairie
Looking to game with people who want to have fun and whatnot
Oct 24th, 2009 at 4:28am

Okay, here's the deal:

I am a gamer, have been for 20+ years now, but haven't played in... a year, give or take. I want to fix that.

99% of the time, I run games, I rarely play. I am looking for a few people (3-5) who would be interested in: a World of Darkness game, a Cyberpunk game, a dark future thingy game, or some sort of free form deal. Basically think dark future or dark present, pervasive technology, possibly some amount of magic/mysticism, and you have what I'm looking for.

Pros: I'm told I'm a good GM/DM, and my story lines are fun to play.

Cons: I have no books whatsoever, and minimal finances right now to buy anything.

So... anyone out there interested in getting something together? My schedule is rather limiting, it would either have to be Friday or Saturday night, after 8, as that's bed time for the kids. Probably closer to nine, give the little ones a chance to get into a deep sleep.

Any takers?

IP Logged

Graver13
Townfolk

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Irish Channel
Re: Looking to game with people who want to have fun and whatnot
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:46pm

Well, you might be able to fit in with my group.

We're most definitly into that whole anything dark thing.  Currently, we're playing Dark Heresy (warhammer 40k rpg) a basic crap-sack dark dystopian future cranked to eleven summed up rather tongue in cheek as Cthulluh vs Catholic Space Nazis.  We will be starting a Rogue Trader (same crap-sack universe as dark heresy but now with twice the two-fisted adventure and fortified with nine minerals and vitamins) story sometime around the new year with the possibility of a small break to play some Unknown Armies (no dark future, just crazed nutters grasping for the cosmic power inherent in a Mac Donald's wrapper while nailing their collective scrotum to the wall in a way that would make Chronenburg blush).  All the shows about losing weight, all the shows on Discovery Health about the morbidly Obese, and then watching the movie Feed has got my mind working back into the warped world of Unknown Armies.

You can email me at graver13x(at)gmail.com.

IP Logged

Dr. Nemesis
MGG
Keeberon Player

Half Man/Half Awesome

Broadmoor
Re: Looking to game with people who want to have fun and whatnot
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 9:32am

Well, it's clearly been a while since this thread was alive, but did you ever find a group? You're basically pitching the exact sort of stuff I like to play, and late hours are not a problem for me (I work until 7pm weekdays). Please PM me if this is still something you're putting together or if you found a group but have room for one more.

http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=1177546823  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print