Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Planning for Session III (Read 922 times)
hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Planning for Session III
Sep 18th, 2009 at 3:59pm

Hey now. I think at this point we have 2 viable adventure paths. Luke's farmer troubles and the portal. Your choice same low price, what should I prepare for?

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Re: Planning for Session III
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 6:06pm

Luke's farmer troubles are something that Luke himself would prefer to avoid, for reasons I've expressed in Luke's character thread.  But they are the kind of thing that could force themselves upon him despite his best efforts at avoidance.

Insofar as Luke has a choice in the matter, he's going to find the portal much more attractive than this farmer.

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:42pm

Well, Aerandis is pretty set upon gathering troops for the portal, but if Luke is in a tough spot I'm sure he'd be willing to help out - even if only to have a useful sword-arm on the quest.  So, it could make a potentially interesting side quest.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:13pm

If Luke chooses to tell the others about the quest and asks for thier assistance, Dayereth will absolutely go with.  Especially with all the other unusual occurrences, the farm attacks might be related anyway.  Otherwise, he'll keep looking for information on Nacal-Mai.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 8:25pm

Portal it is...

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 3:46am

Play time 11 am Sat same place, Who is coming? Also please post any supplies you will be purchasing for your trip through the portal.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #6 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 4:34am

I'll be there.

My character wants to buy a small mirror and a razor to keep his face shaved.  He will also replace any rations he has used up during the last couple of adventures.

IP Logged

beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Reply #7 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 2:54pm

I'll be there Saturday.

Zarb will purchase a dagger, a shoulder bag, a belt, some food rations, and two water-filled waterskins.

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #8 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 4:30pm

I'll be there also.  I'm planning on replenishing my adventuring kit (rations, water, sunrods etc.).  Also, I'll bring an extra quiver of arrows (an extra 3 lbs, 30 arrows).

I've got something going on in the morning, but I'll aim to be there right around 11.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #9 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 11:18pm

I am coming as well be there for 11am. 

Recap:

XP:
1300 /4 = 375

Grand total 665.

Inspection of the goods
+1 amulet of protection (silver tree pendant); +2 bracers of mighty striking; +1  ironwood wicker armor ( treat as barkskin hide +1); of course the: dagger life drinker+1(can be used as an implement if you roll like that) The bone case had a String of pearls (there is a gem market have at it.)

I wanted to know if I still had the armor, (Or did someone else want it as I was willing to use the dagger) and if so, does it automatically resize to fit me?  What special properties does it have?  Since a few of the guys can't go out to the jewelry district I will have the string of pearls appraised after Dayereth detects magic on it.  If it's not magical I'll see if it's worth selling to so we can add to the party fund(s).

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #10 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 11:58pm

I am foraging the local area for supplies for food but reminding everyone we have enough food supplies for four days.  I will also browse the local shops, looking at the weapons shops in particular for some arrows that can be ignited (mundane or magical as I don't know how common magical arrows and weapons as well are in a town and the world)

IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Reply #11 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 5:40am

((Point of rules: I believe arrows are not substantial enough to carry enchantments in 4th ed. Bows themselves carry the enchantment. ))
Oil soaked rags could be used though as far as in-game effects an arrow in the chest is an arrow in the chest.. If your looking for more oomph suspect Alchemist's fire arrows could reasonably be found by a 1/2 dragon at 30 marks each. (lvl2 variety) or 120 Marks (gp) for the level 7 variety.

PS. Don't roll a 1 when using any item above your level.  Wink

Ref: Adventurer's vault I page 24.

((As an aside, next time go to see Rosemary, her prices are a little higher than the book but not quite as high as your forced to pay looking for a last minute vendor..  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register ))
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2009 at 7:25pm by hewhorocks »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print