Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Roleplaying Thread: After Session 1 (Read 669 times)
elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Roleplaying Thread: After Session 1
Aug 30th, 2009 at 8:12am

So we got the dead girl's body up to the surface, and we're working on digging her a grave.

Luke turns to Nadarresh and says, "Listen, I'm sorry I called you a lizard back there.  You deserve more respect than that, especially the way you finished off that ghost thing.  I'm sorry, I've never met a dragonborn before."

Luke stops, does a little more digging, wipes the sweat from his brow... "And I'm sorry none of us were able to stop those wolves from taking your dwarf friend.  Do you want to see if we can find who sent the wolves somehow?"

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Re: Roleplaying Thread: After Session 1
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 9:06am

Nadarresh looks up and smiles or what passes for a smile by a Dragonborn then continues digging and says, "You had my back and helped all of us to defeat our foes that in itself showed your respect for me and our new friends.  I myself have never met a Half-Orc."  Still digging he looks over at the others and then stops digging.
"Thank you.  He was brave Kestik was...and I know he went down fighting and probably fights them even now...he's too stubborn to die.  The group will have to decide where they wish to travel.  I hope to find out why the wolves attacked and who may have sent them.  I welcome your sword and you to join me if that is what we decide to do.  All I know is that I need to rest up after all this!"

He reaches out his dusty clawed hand and says, "Thanks Luke."

IP Logged

yle-kay
Adventurer

Flee the mighty water-bear.

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 5:06pm

When the human's body is buried, Aerandis addresses his recently gained companions:
"We have done well in dispatching this wizard, but I'm still troubled.  The natural order of this region has been upset, as Nadarresh mentioned with the wolves, and it will take some effort to find and remove the cause."

"I can't delay my own errand any longer, and must leave you now.  However, once I relay the information on what is happening here, I feel confident that I will be permitted to return and aid any of you who remain here in addressing this evil."

Aerandis bids his companions farewell, and departs to the south.

IP Logged

elwyn
Adventurer

A wandering monster attacked
me.

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 8:36pm

Luke, somewhat gravely, shakes Nadarresh's claw.

As Aerandis departs, he says, "Stay safe.  Hope I see you again."

He contemplates the newly finished grave for a few minutes, then produces a wooden symbol of Heironeous and quietly but audibly pronounces a simple prayer for the dead.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2009 at 7:46pm

As Arendis started off, Nadarresh ran over and caught up with him and then walked slowly beside him, matching his strides.  "I know this is something you seek to do alone and as you are already on your way, know that once we get settled ourselves, I at least will be ready to help you if you need it.  I know you sensed the unnaturalness of those wolves and if there's even small chance that Kestik is alive...well I have to know."

"Good luck and may Bahamut watch over you!"

He stopped then and turned back to join the others.

IP Logged

OG
Townfolk

There is no spoon.

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 7:06pm

Before Aerendis can depard, Dayereth runs over to stop him and asks the recent companions to gather around.

"Look, before we part company, I have some questions which I think concern us all.
The ogre was gathering components for a powerful ritual, probably intended to raise the shade wizard which we defeated. Why was he doing that? From what the boy said, before a few days ago, the ogre was only interested in trinkets and drinks. What or who caused this change?
The ogre, when we faced him was clearly undead, probably forcefully changed by the pile of soft tissue found in the antechamber. Was the what or who that did this to the ogre the same what or who that changed the ogre's actions over the preceeding days?
The odd characteristics displayed by the dagger during the fight indicate to me that the dagger is central to these questions.  It is obviously magical, but how powerful is it?  Is it a tool of a powerful magic user or is it it's own being?  I have read about such things and they are rarely safe or beneficial.
Has anyone else noticed the gathering of crows around us?  With all these unusual circumstances surrounding the fight, I fear that we may be being watched by a malevolent force connected to this tower or this dagger, or both.
I want to research the tower, the wizard who lived there, this dagger and the ritual which was used by the undead ogre.  Unfortunately, I am very new to this land and need resources to undertake this research which I don't know how to find.
Because I have the dagger, the responsibilty and danger probably falls to me, but I ask for your help.  I am no fighter, and my magic will only guard me so much.  I ask for the help of all who are here in researching these things.  I also think that it may be in all of our best interests, in case we truly are being watched by a malevolent force connected to the dagger or tower."
It has been more than a ten-span since Dayereth spoke so many words together.  He goes silent, his pupilless purple eyes searching the group, waiting for thier replies, afraid to hope for aid from those he had known barely a day.

IP Logged

moyphotos
ShadowRun B
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Dogs of War
Keeberon Player

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 9:15pm

"You bring up many interesting points which have also puzzled me.  The wolves."  he says pointedly, looking to Arendis and the at each of his companions.  "They were bewitched by some powerful magics.  That is certain to me now, as a pack they did not seek food, nor were they wary of our fires nor our numbers.  They were vicious in their attacks and then just as suddenly they turned heel and went back to their homes.  I have seen men able to train and call to wild animals as if they were lifelong friends and almost seem to do his bidding but to control, so completely more than 60 wolves at once, in a coordinated attack?!  It is unheard of and the two, however odd seem to be connected.  The crows as Dayereth says are at odds with nature as was the Ogre's actions in the end.  Find the source of any of these and we will find more pieces to this puzzle."

He pauses just long enough to let his words sink in and be absorbed properly.

"Bahamut has put us together on this path and I plan to see it through to it's end.  Others must have noticed this as we do, so perhaps we might not be alone in trying to take on this..."  He stammers, truly not knowing what to call this series of events.

Days before he was just with his father and brother cooking and spending mostly carefree days with a bunch of dwarves making their way across the Sea of Grass and now...

He too looks to the others to see what they make of the situation and steps back a bit, slowly looking t the others.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print