Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heyyy There, Folks! (Read 662 times)
beyonder
Adventurer
Keeberon Player

I'm so green.

Uptown
Heyyy There, Folks!
Jul 27th, 2009 at 1:28pm

Hey! My name's John and I've been out of gaming for over 10 years. However, I've recently been wanting to get back to my roots. A couple months ago I managed to get in on a game of D&D 4e. Ever since, I've been just dying to get in on some more games.

Are there any players or DMs out there with room to spare? Hell, I'd even DM, as that's what I always did in the past (in my entire career as a gamer I think I've participated as a player under 5 times). Although the various D&D systems are the ones I know best, I'd be willing to play another system. For example, the one time I played GURPS I was reallly impressed by it. I've also also been interested in playing Rifts or Shadowrun.

I also bought some Magic cards the other day for the first time in ages; I'm pretty pumped about finding some players and getting back into that as well.

So if you can't tell, I'm pretty eager to jump into or maybe even start a game or two. send me a message or reply to this post if you can help! No one in my circle of friends is into this stuff , so I'm kind of at a loss.

1433-05    (11abc dist, 3.9 mean)
Selected-By: Tim Chew <twchew@mindspring.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Are there any games harder than Nethack?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Life is pretty tough, everyone I know ends up dying.
nieltown debestest  
IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Re: Heyyy There, Folks!
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 3:25pm

Heya Beyonder,

welcome to the forum!  Sounds like you're pretty open to play...just to play something.  I know there are several games happening around town so you should be able to find something.  I am not sure if our table is maxed or not.  If not I'm sure one of the GMs will be in touch with you.

Good luck and glad to have you aboard.

IP Logged

Netzach Maccabi
Townfolk

A wayward Jew in the Big
Easy

Metairie
Re: Heyyy There, Folks!
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:31pm

email me at n-mattei@hotmail.com

i'm starting a 3.5 d&d campaign.  to anyone interested.

I'll be holding the game at my place in Metairie.

28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds. That... is when the world... will end.
Netzach Maccabi www.myspace.com/qaneh darkstar3498 king0fh3rts  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print