Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D&D 4E? (Read 494 times)
Fuzzus
Esplanade
ShadowRun B

I roll twenties.

Metairie
D&D 4E?
Jun 29th, 2009 at 5:53am

Hello out there, everyone!

I've been wanting to play in a D&D 4E game for a long time now. I'm currently running a homebrew campaign for my friends, but none of them have made the leap to the other side of the screen yet. Any groups out there who need a player for their table?

Personally, I'm a 29-year old gamer (as of today!) who's been playing on and off for the last ten or twelve years. Most of my experience has been in D&D 3.0-4, but I've also run Shadowrun 4 and Vampire 3 (yes, in case you haven't noticed, I'm the group GM most of the time). I'd describe myself as pretty much a hybrid roll/roleplayer -- the nerd in me loves the crunchy bits and dice bonuses, and the English major in me loves the characters and story. I'm also a big believer in the total experience -- everyone, DM and players alike, should be enjoying the game -- and I firmly believe there's no IC or OOC issue that can't be talked out and reasoned through.

I'm looking for, ideally, a game on a biweekly schedule, though I could squeeze into a weekly schedule (or deal with the intermittent RPG-shakes for a monthly schedule Smiley ). My job is a Monday-Friday affair, off at 6, weekends and holidays off. I have no other commitments at the moment. I live in Metairie, but I'm willing to travel reasonable distances.

I'm also looking for a group that's not afraid of roleplay and immersion. LARPing's not my thing, but my normal group doesn't get into character at all, and as the resident world-builder, it gets a bit aggravating. My biggest gaming sin is my penchant for leaping from character idea to character idea; I'm good about sticking to the character I'm currently playing, but I don't exactly shed a tear when they die (and usually have another character sheet rolled up and ready to go!).

Well, this turned out to be more information than I planned to give; I'm gushing a bit at the idea of finally getting to play, I guess. If anyone's interested in picking me up as a 4E player, PM me!

Fuzzus fuzzus628 Fuzzus  
IP Logged

hewhorocks
Wyvern

"

New Orleans
Re: D&D 4E?
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 9:45pm

Cheesy
Welcome aboard..Ha theres a phun in there somewhere.

Well you sound like an ideal player. unfortunatly there isnt an ongoing 4th ed game. I tried drumming up interest but schedule wise it wasnt working with the established weekend night group.  Angry

You sound right up my alley of gamer. If we can get say 3 other players I'd be glad to write characters up and run something every other week. I have gulp...about 30 yrs experience with DnD almost 25 of it running games. Yikes...Depending on who we can recruit we can do forum based rp/ backgrounds - story development with action on session day.

I do Models, can do maps "Ahh Dunjini" and have a job that only occasionally messes up my personal life. PM me if interested

Whether there are ghosts in that house is not for me to say! But, there are far more dangerous things than ghosts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print