Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
All the classic D&D in online form. (Read 308 times)
SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
All the classic D&D in online form.
Apr 15th, 2009 at 9:08pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Even has chainmail. It is interesting to see how it evolved.

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Re: All the classic D&D in online form.
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 3:26pm

Quote:
This is a website for the purpose of historical reference.

Heh heh heh ... I get a kick out of it whenever the game is referred to in the past tense, as if nobody played it anymore.    Cheesy
Admittedly, it's no longer the most popular edition, but it's far from a dead game ...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Knights & Knaves is probably the most canonical of the bunch, and a great resource on rules interpretations.

Swords & Wizardry
is a flurry of activity, still producing resources for the game.

Dragonsfoot, with thousands of members, is by far the largest (and so the least "focused") of the bunch, but it shows how active the older versions still are.

OD&D Discussions is another good site for rules clarifications and it's fairly productive in creating new material as well.

There are two magazines dedicated to the original editions:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (placed 4th in sales at Lulu last month)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (placed 1st in sales at Lulu last month)

That's not 4th & 1st amongst gaming material, that's against all published products at Lulu.

Historical indeed.   Grin

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print