Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi! New Person Here! (Read 590 times)
Eingengrau
Townfolk

LFG PST

New Orleans
Hi! New Person Here!
Jan 8th, 2009 at 11:59am

Hey, I am new to this board but really glad I found it - I've lately been more into the MMO scene (World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, TF2, RTS, etc.) and have decided to try a foray into the tabletop/LARP world! I really love that stuff and when I was in HS I usually had a chance to either get involved thru friends or find locales. I am somewhat lost here though and between college, it is a lot harder than I thought!

I'm really open to anything to try, but since I am a total newbie besides a few plays into the Star Wars universe, as well as the most basic D&D settings, I really haven't a clue what to do! I guess if anyone would be kind to help me find a little group to start at would be really cool. I live in the uptown district and attend Loyola, so anything in that area would be great!  

If anyone here wants to shout-out to me on WoW (the one game I've been playing since before it was the addicting MMO title!) as well, my characters (Madchenliebe, lvl 70 Nelf Priestess, Clarices, lvl 76 Belf Death Knight, Mardoll, lvl 45 Nelf Hunter) on Shadow Council are always on to say hi!

Thanks!

Eat - Pray - Kill
IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Re: Hi! New Person Here!
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 3:47pm

Welcome to the boards agent_starling.  Always glad to see new and interested players to our hobby.  I am not sure what is going out around town as far as LARPing goes but if you check the 'Game Openings' section of the forums you may find a table to join.

Good luck and welcome to the club.
Kev

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print