Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
We got lucky (Read 1970 times)
Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

We got lucky
Sep 2nd, 2008 at 5:36am

I am sure everyone has seen the news by now.  Some dry air from a front came in and weakened the storm.  The worst-case surge never happened.  It looks like the west bank didn't even flood as much as a normal thunderstorm.

Some of us probably have some damage but nothing like it could have been and remember that at least one person in LA was killed when a tree hit a house.  But it was much better than it could have been.

IP Logged

shawnmtoups
Townfolk

Kenner
Re: We got lucky
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 10:51pm

Extremely lucky, though, one of my aunts had her roof blown off in Metairie.  However, anyone else that I have heard from said that besides a few shingles/roofing tiles and a tree branch or two, there was no damage.

shawnmtoups nightsonsmt  
IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 4:25am

So our landlord told as that we received no damage, but also the building still had no power as off today. I am 65% sure our wonderful fish is dead. Totally sucks but it is not like he was expensive.

Our plans are to wait for the rush die down about after tomorrow, and then head back friday morning. Hopefully to game Saturday.

IP Logged

translucentwolf
Sith Lord
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Kallistier
JustSayGM
Dogs of War
Top Ten
Intelligent_Life
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
john
JustSayNo
Esplanade

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 3:26am

We can definitely game on Saturday.  If you're still without power, I can bring over some candles.  Also, since I was up in Louisville, I picked up all of my Star Wars d20 hardcopy books.  I'll bring that over too, so you guys will have something to flip through once our laptop batteries die.

John

That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.
translucentwolf translucentwolf translucentwolf translucentwolf  
IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:39am

I still don't have power and so my trip back has been delayed.  I will be driving back saturday so I don't know if I will be back in time for the game or not.  Depends on traffic.

IP Logged

humboldtscott
Broadmoor DM
Broadmoor

New Orleans, LA
Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:41pm

I got back this morning. From evacuating to BR... some luck, eh? Still, safe and sound and glad to be home. My box of gaming books, delayed by Gustav, arrives tomorrow morning. Yeah!

We've got power and water on Frenchmen St (near St. Claude), if anyone needs to wash clothes, wash selves, cook food, fill up on filtered water, eat my food, or what have you, send me a PM or email. After the hospitality I experienced from near-strangers in Baton Rouge, I'd be happy to return the favor to anyone on this board, known or not.

-Scott

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print