Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The What Not (Read 887 times)
Jaeger
Townfolk

west bank
The What Not
Jun 25th, 2008 at 12:27pm

It has recently come to my attention that there are certain phrases, or words actually, that I may be potentially overusing.  In my defense I would like to first say that most people have annoying habits like biting their nails, smoking cigarettes, listening to rap and whatnot.  But whether or not a word is being "over"-used is incredibly subjective!  After all, we have to constantly repeat words like, "the", "and", "but", "because", and whatnot, but no one complains about those word over-usages!  

There are a lot of ways I could react to the subtle ribbing I have been getting, like shouting, sulking, whining, pouting, and whatnot BUT I am too mature, so I'm simply going to ignore all of the jokes, criticisms, snickering, mocking and whatnot and just say what I have to say in a way that is, you know... clear... appropriate... intelligent... and whatnot, and to hell with all the critics.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2008 at 3:46pm by Admin account »  

IP Logged

Liam
Stark II PC
Staff
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
WhatNot
Rune Bound
Esplanade

Awesome.

Re: What's an enemy?
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 3:31pm

I thought the whatnot thing (at the game) was funny.  We all have little catch phrases and mannerism we do.  Don't sweat the whatnot ... and whatnot.

Actually I picked up on it because its a little used word but one of my favorites.  I have a whatnot that my grandfather made.  Its one of my prize possessions.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The one my grandfather made is simple, stained very dark, and attractive.  He didn't make much furnature so I don't know why he made it, other than to hold his whatnots.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The one he made is also a corner one.  That's what's so clever about it.  Its a thing you can put in a corner where you don't have much room.  In general they are like bookcases but each shelf is smaller going up and you put your whatnots and triffles on them.  My grandfather's is more square and sturdy than the one in the pic.

IP Logged

Jaeger
Townfolk

west bank
Re: The What Not
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:42pm

I'm not really sweating the whatnot.  I was just trying to be funny.  I did learn something new about furniture though...

IP Logged

david
Stark II PC
Kallistier
WhatNot

one bad dude, not two

harahan, la
Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 12:17am

you may have the use of "whatnot" as your thing, or one of them, but my thing is just to be an asshole. most people don't need that repeated, it just shows itself in conversation. but feel free to tell me i'm an asshole, i don't mind. i'm not one to be offended by the truth. unless it offends me. and most things do, so don't bother feeling bad about it. feeling bad about things is a weakness. and whatnot.

WWW woody_two_soul lechgame  
IP Logged

dahlia
StarkQueen
Stark player
Stark II PC
Kallistier
WhatNot
oldEsplanade

I Love YaBB 2!

new orleans
Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 1:44am

David is an asshole.

*hi five!*

Your assholery is the key source of my amusement.

Spread it out, Reino is good to pick on, hell, throw some my way.

suffrayver  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print