Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GURPS 4th Ed. (Read 1270 times)
Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
GURPS 4th Ed.
Nov 29th, 2007 at 2:51am

Hey all.

I am looking to join a 4th Ed GURPS game, open to genre.  Preferably in Metairie, but open to local travel.

I am 36 married with 2 boys.  I have been role-playing since I was 13 with AD&D 1st and 2nd ed, Palladium, Rolemaster, and other less than memorable game systems.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Re: GURPS 4th Ed.
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 3:04am

Thanks for posting. I know a few people who like talking about gurps games. I personally have never played it but I have been reading the rules.

IP Logged

Kinthar
Stark player
Staff
oldEsplanade

|:

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 3:10am

I'm rereading GURPS now but I prefer not to run games.  I've been trying to convince sombrenote he try it.

We (starkville group)  might do some GURPS one-shots when our regular game gets cancelled but right now we are in a d20 world.

I've been thinking about looking for an online game and if I did, it would be GURPS.  I only have time for one in person game and that slot is currently filled.

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 4:02am

Thanks for the replies.

I spent most of my 'career' GMing 1st and 2nd Ed AD&D games and was lucky enough to find or form some great groups.  Unfortunately my wife is not a gamer and has never really wanted to give it much of a go.

I recently started running a little 3.5e D&D for my boys (12 and 15) and they seem to enjoy it.  But it has been a LONG time since I played or GMed so I am a bit out of sorts with GMing and the 3e rules.  Most of my groups ranged from 5 to 8 players.  It is a little awkward running a game with two inexperienced players and being new to the d20 rule system just made it a bit more taxing. Smiley  I may convert their characters to GURPS and run with the lite rules to get a practical feel for them.

Anyway enough ramble.  Thanks for the welcome and I expect I'll be hanging out here a while.

K

IP Logged

Kinthar
Stark player
Staff
oldEsplanade

|:

Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 5:41pm

Check your email.

IP Logged

pestigor
Rune Bound

seeking treatment

Metairie,LA
Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 7:18am

I'm 37 with a daughter and play gurps. I've been playing RPG's since I was 10 . I started out with AD&D,1st 2nd, 3rd and 3.5. palladium, I currently run a star wars d20 and am about to start a gurps DF campaign. I also live in metairie. we should meet

Christians dismiss 9,999 religions as false.Atheists dismiss just one more than that...

IP Logged

Kev
Esplanade
ShadowRun B
oldEsplanade
Kallistier
MGG
Stark II PC
WhatNot
Enlightened
JustSayNo
Rune Bound
Kallisti GM

Metairie, LA
Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 5:21pm

pestigor wrote on Jan 10th, 2009 at 7:18am:
I'm 37 with a daughter and play gurps. I've been playing RPG's since I was 10 . I started out with AD&D,1st 2nd, 3rd and 3.5. palladium, I currently run a star wars d20 and am about to start a gurps DF campaign. I also live in metairie. we should meet

Cool.  When do you think you'll start the DF game?  I am currently running a D&D 3.5 Dragonlance game on Saturday nights near the French Quarter.  I have tried a couple times to run GURPS for my current group, it just never seems to take off. Smiley

I was also considering a DF game to get my boys (16 and 13) into gaming.

Kev

IP Logged

translucentwolf
Sith Lord
ShadowRun B
Erinian
Kallistier
JustSayGM
Dogs of War
Top Ten
Intelligent_Life
oldEsplanade
Enlightened
john
JustSayNo
Esplanade

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 7:58pm

I'd be up to play Gurps DF.  It's got the 'pulp fantasy' feel to it, that I like about DnD in general.

That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.
translucentwolf translucentwolf translucentwolf translucentwolf  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print