Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
[NEW CONVENTION] in New Orleans!! (Read 4621 times)
barmixmaster
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

[NEW CONVENTION] in New Orleans!!
Nov 29th, 2007 at 1:03am

I am extremely pleased to announce the rebirth of a New Orleans RPGA Convention.

February 22 - 24, 2008 will mark the first annual NOLAcon RPGA event! This event will take place in the New Orleans area and will feature Living Greyhawk, Dungeons and Dragons adventures. Since Katrina New Orleans has been without a convention of this type, but the city and people are now ready for you to come and get your game on!

Go to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register right now for all the details.

We anticipate this year’s event to be very exciting as the Living Greyhawk campaign is drawing to a close. Now that time units are no longer a factor everyone is playing hard to retire their characters.

We plan on having all year 7 and year 8 (out so far) Sheldomar and Yeomanry mods, a core special, and perhaps more... Check the NOLAcon Blog (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) for developments as they happen! We are also open to the hosting of other RPGA gaming systems provided organizers are available.

Come one, come all, to the first annual NOLAcon so you can boast to your friends down the road that you were here when it started.

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Brad Ellis
Co-Organizer
nolacon@nolacon.com

IP Logged

Kinthar
Stark player
Staff
oldEsplanade

|:

Re: [NEW CONVENTION] in New Orleans!!
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 2:27am

I saw an ad for this on one of the community sites.

Personally the LG stuff does nothing for me.  I never did LG and don't know anything about it.   I might go just because its a con but that depends on the cost at the door.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 2:31am

Yeah. I have never messed with RPGA stuff, but I would love to work at the CON. If they do it at a convention center, I can try to get hours for it if the out source the work.

IP Logged

barmixmaster
Townfolk

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 2:34am

We are intrested in running other gaming systems as well if we have someone to run it. We will have plenty of room.

The price will be $30 to attend and judges will get $10 back for each game they run (max $30).

Let me know...

IP Logged

Red Priest
Adventurer

I'm after rebellion; I'll
settle for lies.

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 8:13pm

Okay you NOLAcon organizers, whoever you are, I expect to hear (or read) about a NOLAcon 2009 just as soon as Babelcon is over.  Capiche?

Seriously, I may be able to provide a lot of D&D gaming (and other systems*) for a local rpg gaming event.

* some popular (GURPS, Call of Cthulhu, etc) and some not-as-popular.  whatever your pleasure.

"Guaranteed by Dr Tarr and Professor Fether"

IP Logged

md3
Townfolk

Always looking for players.

Metairie, LA
Re: [NEW CONVENTION]in New Orleans!!
Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 7:50pm

Good luck.  I haven't heard back from these guys in almost 2 years.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print