Where should I link this to? Recent posts
Recent threads
Event Calendar
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  The Event Calendar for YaBB 1.4 was finally released.  There is a tab for it below.  Check it out.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spell/Power tip (Read 1065 times)
Kinthar
Stark player
Staff
oldEsplanade

|:

Spell/Power tip
Jul 27th, 2007 at 11:30pm

Go here:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Then, for each spell or psionic power you have, print the page.   Bind it and keep it with your character sheet as your spell book.

Of course, that's a little bulky but it works for me.  A mage/cleric might also want to print sets of these for their spell choices that day.

And, that site is good for non-spell stuff too.  I just like having the printout of each power so its easier/faster than going in the book to double check stuff.  A resourceful person might want to cut and paste them and make  single, double sided sheet with their list.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Re: Spell/Power tip
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2007 at 6:46pm

You could do that, but that is tons of paper and ink, and will be many pages long very quickly. I think it would be best to use that on very complicated spells such as dispel magic, and Wish. But other small spells should be kept on something like the spell record sheets.

And SRD docs are pretty old hat. They often do not have spells to which you need, for instance they will have different additions for spells or not have them at all even though the spell might be core.

IP Logged

Kinthar
Stark player
Staff
oldEsplanade

|:

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2007 at 9:42pm

I find when I need to look up the spell its to read the whole text, not just the basic stats.

IP Logged

SombreNote DM
Stark DM
ShadowRun B
Kallistier
Intelligent_Life
Staff
oldEsplanade
WhatNot
Enlightened
Esplanade

The DM

Ann Arbor, MI
Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2007 at 7:04am

I encourage knowing yours spells through and through before casting them, because I often ask hard questions about them. Like for instances, does it kill Gith instantly with no save throw or spell resistance, or do they get a will save at a negative 10?
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2007 at 2:50am by SombreNote DM »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print